POSITION TITLE: Sustainable Energy Intern
UNIT: Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency Unit
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Sustainable Energy Specialist
The Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency Unit (REEEU) is responsible for establishing Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency (RE/EE) as a cross-cutting theme in the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) and ensuring that opportunities are created for the inclusion of RE/EE components in the Bank’s projects and for the development of RE/EE projects in the pipeline of the CDB. The Unit managed by the Head, Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency, provides an integrated approach and strategic leadership of the RE/EE initiatives.
The Sustainable Energy Intern reports to the Head, REEEU or his designate and is responsible for providing support to the Unit in research, analysis, quality control, technical assistance project preparation, capacity strengthening interventions (including workshops) and programme administration.
The Sustainable Energy Intern will be required to undertake various tasks drawn from among the following:
- Provide relevant RE/EE research and analytic support to REEEU in the preparation of Technical Assistance (TA) papers
- Draft selected documents, such as, TA papers under the supervision of reporting officer
- Support the review of RE/EE proposals
- Support the implementation of REEEU interventions through, inter alia, the management of consultant contracts, deliverables and payments
- Support the preparation of Programme reports of the REEEU including the securing of the input data required
- Conduct research and make input to the development of terms of reference for consultants
- Support efforts to conduct analysis on CDB RE/EE investment projects and their impacts to inform strategy formulation,
- Conduct specific research on selected RE and EE technologies relevant to CDB Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs)
- Conduct research on policy and regulatory environments in CDB BMCs
- Develop briefs on various RE/EE topics assigned by Head of Unit
- Conduct quality review of various reports including energy audit reports
- Develop concept notes for various TA project interventions for submission to Partner organisations
- Conduct analysis of the performance of various programmes in REEEU to support strategy formulation
- Conduct relevant research and develop presentations for various topics for internal and external audiences
- Support the coordination of REEEU events and post-event evaluations
- Take meeting notes/minutes and follow-up on actions, from time to time
- Perform other tasks from time to time as assigned by the Head, Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency Unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Sustainable Energy Intern should have the minimum qualifications outlined below and should demonstrate strong proficiency in the defined competencies.
- A first degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied sciences, or related disciplines.
- A minimum of one year’s work experience
- Good knowledge of the RE/EE technologies relevant to the Caribbean
- Familiarity with issues of sustainable development and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
A post graduate degree in a relevant discipline.
The Sustainable Energy Intern must have:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills and the ability to gather inputs,
- Ability to consider the impact and articulate the benefits of decisions both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
|Championing Customer Needs
|Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
|Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.
|Driving for Results
|Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
|Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked.
|Supporting Organisational Goals
|Actively supports organisational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the organisation’s goals and mission; aligns actions around organisational goals.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted for twelve months. Relocation costs are to be met by the incumbent.
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
- You must be a national of one of CDB’s Borrowing Member Countries.
- You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex or religion.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of information supplied and assures you that your background and interest will not be discussed with anyone including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications is August 7, 2020